These versatile chicken meatballs pack a punch when it comes to flavour and can be served with a whole range of side dishes including pasta, rice and even fresh green salad for those warmer summer days!
1. Start by preheating the oven to 180oc. Whilst the oven is warming up begin roughly chopping the chicken and set it aside.
2. Break the bread up and pop into a bowl with the milk and then leave to one side until the milk is absorbed. As the milk is absorbing, peel and crush 2 cloves of garlic.
3. Into the bowl with the bread and milk, add in the olives, garlic and parmesan. You’re then going to want to transfer the mixture into a blender and blitz until thoroughly combined.
4. Add in the chicken and egg, then blitz together – don’t go too overboard with the blending here as you want to be able to roll this mixture into balls!
5. Season well with salt and pepper, then roll into balls around 2cm wide. Add the chicken meatballs into a roasting dish, drizzle well with olive oil and bake for around half an hour.
6. As the meatballs are cooking, start on the tomato sauce. For this, you will need to add the remaining garlic, onion, tomato puree and tinned tomatoes to a pan, season well with herbs of choice and salt and pepper, before leaving to simmer.
7. Add the tomato sauce to the roasting dish containing the meatballs and pop back in the oven for a few minutes before serving with your side dish of choice!