Happy first day of Autumn!
Call us keen, but we can’t wait to crack out the warming winter dishes and aromatic, cosy flavours! We’re kick-starting this season by bringing you one of our all-time favourite recipes; beef and pumpkin curry, after all, nothing says autumn like pumpkins!
1. Start by heating the oil in a large pan over a high heat before adding in the onion, garlic and ginger and allowing them to brown slightly. Add in your curry paste of choice, allow to warm through before adding in your steak. Stir well and ensure that all the steak chunks are evenly coated and leave to warm through for around 5 minutes.
2. You’re then going to want to transfer the mixture into a slow cooker, along with the chopped tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Leave to cook on a high heat for around 5 hours or until the steak chunks are tender and fully cooked.
3. After the beef has cooked through, add in the pumpkin and cook for an additional hour or until both the pumpkin and steak are tender.
4. To finish off this hearty autumn meal, add in the coconut milk, stir well and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. This should help thicken the mixture, making it less watery.
5. Serve with your sticky rice and any other sides of choice and enjoy!