Pasta night is a weekly necessity for us and we’re itching to share this light chicken bolognese with you all. Switching out the mincemeat for succulent chicken and adding in a few extra veggies puts a summer twist on this winter warmer.
1. Start by chopping up your celery, carrots, garlic and shallots and placing them on one side.
2. Add a dash of olive oil into a deep pan and allow to heat through before adding in the shallots and garlic and allowing them to brown slightly.
3. Now pop in the celery and carrots, coating them in oil and leaving them to heat through.
4. Add in the chopped tinned tomatoes, a dollop of tomato puree, a dash of Worcester sauce and season well with salt, pepper and mixed dried herbs.
5. Stir well, then add in the shredded chicken. We suggest not add it all in at once, but rather in stages, stirring well after each.
6. Once the chicken has been added, move the pan to the back and allow to simmer whilst we finish off the rest of the dish.
7. Heat another pan with water and bring to a boil.
8. Season well with salt before adding in your pasta and cooking it according to the packet instructions.
9. Serve up with some garlic bread and a garnish of fresh basil and you’re good to go!